When I switched to only using natural products, the most challenging part of transitioning was finding some really good, effective products for my hair. I tried countless shampoos until I finally found one that I love.
Even though I love the shampoo that I use, I still love giving my hair a little extra TLC once in a while to keep it soft, shiny and healthy.
I’m sure as most of you know by now, I love playing around with ingredients in my kitchen to make super effective products for my body, face and hair. I recently tried out this recipe for a hair mask, and I have really love the way that it has made my hair look and feel, so I wanted to share it here with you.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl
- Using a fork, mash the avocado and stir it into the olive oil and honey (see below for final mask)
- Apply the entire mixture to your hair
- Place a plastic bag over your head (recycled of course), and then a wrap a towel around your head
- Allow the mask to sit for 45 minutes
- Rinse with warm, then follow with shampoo and conditioner
- Style as usual
You can do this mask once a week for soft, shiny, healthy hair. In fact, this mask is the perfect addition to your Self Care Sunday experience each week!
If you try this recipe, please share your thoughts and experience with me afterward!