One of the most popular body treatments offered in professional spas is the Sea Salt Body Scrub. This treatment is designed to removed dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, increase your circulation, and detoxify, leaving you with improved health and sensually soft skin.
While nothing quite compares to the experience of having this treatment performed on you at your favourite spa, you can also perform this treatment on yourself at home and the recipe is really simple to make.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 Cup Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Oil (Olive Oil, Grapseed Oil or Avocado Oil)
- 1 Tbsp Dried Tea Leaves, such as Green Tea, Hibiscus, Peppermint, etc (optional)
- For Scent: Either 5-10 drops of your favourite essential oil or some mashed up fruit, such as strawberries, avocado, or orange slices (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl
- Follow the steps below for your very own Spa Body Scrub Treatment.
Here is how you can give yourself a professional Sea Salt Body Scrub:
- Undress and get into an empty bath tub or shower. Do not turn the water on yet. This treatment works best when your skin is dry.
- Beginning with legs, apply your Scrub in circular and upwards motions (always move towards the heart) for approximately 60 seconds.
- Continue onto stomach, chest, arms and back.
- Turn on the shower or bath to rinse the salt from your entire body.
- Step out of bath/shower and lightly towel dry your skin.
- Apply a small amount of moisturizer (we recommend Sacred Nourish: Moisturizing Body Balm or Devine Radiance Moisturizing Body Oil in preferred scent), using effleurage massage movements (long strokes toward the heart) to deeply moisturize the skin.
- Finish treatment off with a glass of water. This treatment is very detoxifying, so it is important that you stay hydrated throughout the rest of the day in order to flush toxins from the body.
We recommend that this treatment be performed as often as once a week (hello, Self Care Sunday).