The dry, colder winter air often brings dry, cracked lips. If your lips are experiencing some flakiness or dead skin cell build up, then I recommend making this very simple lip scrub.
If you choose to use the strawberry in it, any remaining scrub will need to be stored in the fridge, and will last for a couple of day.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Tbsp Raw Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Strawberry (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Combine sugar, honey and olive oil into a bowl
- Using a fork, mash the strawberry up and stir it into the mixture
- Apply the mixture to your finger and scrub on dry (not wet) lips in small, circular motions for 30-60 seconds
- Rinse with warm and a cloth, then follow with either Sacred Healer Lip Balm (for dry, cracked lips) or Sacred Kiss Lip Balm (for maintenance)
You can use this lip scrub 2-3 times a week for smooth lips this winter. It not only softens your lips, but it also tastes pretty good, too!
If you try this recipe, please share your experience with me!