As an adult, living with oily, acne-prone skin can be extremely frustrating and anxiety-provoking. Unfortunately, the conventional side of the beauty industry has brain-washed every one into treating acne completely wrong. As an aesthetician, I was taught to treat acne conventionally, meaning that you need to strip the skin of the oil that it’s producing. For years, I unsuccessfully cleared my clients acne, until I learned how to treat the skin holistically. From that point on, I understood acne in a completely different way, and can now help almost anyone achieve clear, radiantly glowing skin.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF oily, acne-prone SKIN
It is important to understand that adult acne must be targeted both internally and externally. Adult acne is often a sign that there is an imbalance within the body, whether that be a hormonal imbalance, or an intolerance to a certain food that you are consuming. We like to work with our clients to help balance the body, both internally and externally, in order to help clear acne.
When treating oily, acne-prone skin, one of the best ingredients that you can use on your skin is oil. I know that to a lot of people, this goes against everything you have been taught.
Our skin naturally produces oil because it needs that oil in order to function properly. If you keep stripping the skin of its natural oils, like most conventional products do, then your skin is going to start over-producing oils in order to compensate. This results in a viscous cycle. Using a high-quality facial oil cleanser and serum, that are formulated with oils that closely mimic the skin’s natural oils, tricks the skin into thinking that the skin is producing enough oil, so the skin than stops over-producing oil and it balances itself out. Raw, unrefined plant oils are also extremely high in vitamins and essential fatty acids (EFA’s) that nourish our skin and encourage it to be healthier and function optimally. If you’d like to learn further into this, please read this article on how organic oils work to successfully treat acne.
In the skin care industry, ingredients are rated 0-5, on how likely they are to clog the pores. 0 means that an ingredient will never clog the pores, no matter how much of the ingredient you apply. 5 means that the ingredient will very likely cause breakouts in acne-prone skin. All of the ingredients in R Devine Skin Care’s products that are formulated for acne rate 0-1. These products will never clog your pores or cause breakouts. When formulating R Devine Skin Care, I meticulously chose ingredients that would decongest and purify the skin. When combined, these organic ingredients effectively deep cleanse the skin, nourish the skin cells with vital nutrients, stimulate cell oxygenation, and balance the skin of its natural oils, all while ensuring optimal levels of hydration so that the skin functions optimally.
RECOMMENDED R DEVINE SKIN CARE RITUAL FOR oily, acne-prone SKIN
- Wash your face with Sacred Garden or Sacred Balance (which ever you prefer). Remove with a warm, damp face cloth or cotton pad.
- Apply 3-10 drops of Sacred Balance to damp skin on face and neck. Tip: This is a fast-absorbing oil. It should be completely absorbed into your skin after 5-10 minutes. If after this time passes, your skin feels oily, try using less oil, and vice versa if your skin feels tight.
- Remove your makeup with Sacred Garden Makeup Remover. Put a few drops on your fingertips and massage onto face to loosen makeup. Remove with a cotton pad (no water needed).
- Now that makeup is removed, wash your face with Sacred Earth. When mixing this mask as a cleanser, use approximately 1 tsp and add a lot of water to make it fairly runny so it glides onto your skin. It should not be thick. Leave on skin for 5 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Apply one drop of Bright Soul Hydrating Eye Serum to each eye.
- Apply 3-10 drops of Sacred Balance to damp skin on face and neck.