Gua Sha is an ancient healing technique, that when used consistently, transforms the skin, clears congestion and promotes long-term, graceful aging. It creates much-needed movement in the skin, clearing stagnation, flushing out the metabolic waste that causes puffiness, dull, devitalized complexions and congestion.
Gua Sha for the face is very different than Gua Sha for the body. Facial Gua Sha involves light press-stroking massage movements using this small jade stone to clear stagnation and accumulation that causes skin conditions and signs of aging. Gua Sha also gently activates the skin to stimulate its natural processes. You can expect both immediate and cumulative results over time using this technique.
The Benefits of Gua Sha
- Promotes firm, healthy, glowing skin.
- Increases blood flow to bring fresh oxygen supply and vital nutrients to the skin.
- Brightens the skin.
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage to remove metabolic waste, bacteria and toxins from the skin.
- Minimizes pores and clears congestion.
- Reduces puffiness and inflammation in the skin.
- Breaks up scar tissue.
- Improves the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Releases muscle tension in the face and jaw.
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production in the connective tissue layer of the skin.
- Improves the appearance of fine lines.
- Lifts, firms, sculpts and tones the skin by releasing muscle fascial adhesions.
- Please watch this video for a very basic gua sha tutorial.
- If you would like to learn more effective routines, specific to skin congestion, puffy eyes, graceful aging and neck rejuvenation, please see our Advanced Gua Sha Techniques Workshop.
- Always perform this massage on freshly cleansed skin.
- Be sure that the Gua Sha tool is almost flat (15 degree angle from skin) at all times unless stated otherwise in the basic video or advanced workshop tutorials.
- Drink a glass of water immediately after the treatment to drain out excess toxins, fats and fluid. Continue to stay hydrated for a minimum of 24 hours after each treatment.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol intake after the treatment.
- Use daily or at least 3 times a week.
- Hand wash in warm, soapy water. Do not use alcohol or place in boiling water.