Gua Sha is an ancient healing technique, that when used consistently, transforms the skin, clears congestion and promotes long-term, graceful aging. It creates much-needed movement in the skin, clearing stagnation, flushing out the metabolic waste that causes puffiness, dull, devitalized complexions and congestion.
Gua Sha for the face is very different than Gua Sha for the body. Facial Gua Sha involves light press-stroking massage movements using this small jade stone to clear stagnation and accumulation that causes skin conditions and signs of aging. Gua Sha also gently activates the skin to stimulate its natural processes. You can expect both immediate and cumulative results over time using this technique.
The Benefits of Gua Sha
- Promotes firm, healthy, glowing skin.
- Increases blood flow to bring fresh oxygen supply and vital nutrients to the skin.
- Brightens the skin.
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage to remove metabolic waste, bacteria and toxins from the skin.
- Minimizes pores and clears congestion.
- Reduces puffiness and inflammation in the skin.
- Breaks up scar tissue.
- Improves the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Releases muscle tension in the face and jaw.
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production in the connective tissue layer of the skin.
- Improves the appearance of fine lines.
- Lifts, firms, sculpts and tones the skin by releasing muscle fascial adhesions.
This photo was half way through a Gua Sha massage. When this photo was taken, the left side of her face had been massaged using Gua Sha, and the right side had not been massage yet. You can see a dramatic difference in the fluid and puffiness in the skin.
This before and after photo was achieve with our Detox and Flow Facial Treatment. With this technique, you can expect both immediate and cumulative results over time, so daily, consistent use can provide long-lasting results.
At R Devine Skin Care, we offer Gua Facial Treatments, as well as an Advanced Gua Sha Techniques Virtual Workshop so that you can perform this technique on yourself at home, using our Gua Sha Comb Stone.
Check out the basic routine here: