I was first introduced to facial cupping back in 2016, a year after launching R Devine Skin Care. I had a booth a the Holistic Beauty Expo in Toronto, Ontario, and was lucky enough to have a booth right next to a woman who offered facial cupping. Throughout the day, we had plenty of time to chat, and she taught me all about the benefits of Facial Cupping, gave me a facial cupping treatment, and taught me how to use Facial cups. I have incorporated facial cupping into my Facial Treatments and in my own skin care routine ever since.
What is Facial Cupping?
Facial Cupping is a type of face massage that involves the use of Facial cups, a silicone self massage tool for the chest, neck and face that increase blood flow in the skin, activate the lymphatic system, and stimulate collagen and elastin production to improve overall skin health.
The Benefits of Facial Cupping
- Increases blood flow to bring vital oxygen supply and nutrients to the skin.
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system to remove metabolic waste, toxins and bacteria from the skin.
- Reduces puffiness and excess fluid in the skin.Improves the look of tired, puffy eyes.
- Improves the appearance of scars.
- Improves the appearance of fine lines.
- Enhances and adds natural volume to lips.
- Relaxes muscle and jaw tension.
- Rejuvenates the neck.
- Brightens the skin and evens skin tone.
- Improves absorption and efficacy of topical products.
How to Use Facial Cups
- Always perform this massage on freshly cleansed skin.
- This routine on the face and neck will include continuous motion and pulsating movements only. At no point should you ever leave the cups suctioned in one spot in a stationary position.
- Apply a generous amount of oil to the skin in order for the cups to glide. Never pull on the skin.
- Anchor the skin with your free hand when cupping.
- Drink a glass of water immediately after the treatment to drain out excess toxins, fats and excess water.
- Continue to stay hydrated for a minimum of 24 hours after each treatment.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol intake after treatment.
- Do not use over Botox or Fillers.
- Not recommended if you have lymphatic disorders or are on blood thinners.
- Not recommended during pregnancy.
You can purchase our Facial Cups here.